Wednesday 30 May 2012

wednesday 30th May



Wednesday 30th May.
Last evening we walked past the Dutch encampment, they were all sat in a huge circle whilst a tall grey haired man bellowed out questions to them all. Barbara insisted that this was in fact an organised quiz night. I doubted this as in response to one question I observed each and everyone of them raise a large map of the island to there faces. Then another question, the…response was that each one opened a diary? Now being a paid up member of the mental health brigade I am all familiar with this sequence of questioning (first one being “where are you?”, followed by “What is todays date?” ) however although I was uneasy with this I could not overlook that on the third question I observed (which is usually what is your spouses name) each person looked at their partner with a degree of perplexity.  I knew what was coming next, and, not knowing the name of the Dutch Prime Minister I felt it best to disassociate myself from this mass, collective diagnosis. Furthermore I did not sign up for a Bus mans holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment