Saturday 6 July 2013

5th July update

1st July 6, 2013”The old gits 61 today.

1st ,2nd, 3rd July  We spent 3 days on the SW coast at Camping La Cote near Messanges. The weather on the day we arrived was nice so we had a couple of hours on the beach in the early evening sun. I also had a swim in the sea. After the freezing cold waters of Portugal the water felt warm and it was good to be in the surf. The next couple of days were overcast so on the third day we went on a bike ride to Soustons, a round trip of about 19 miles. We stopped off at a restaurant and had a ‘menu of the day’ for 12e each. 3 courses with a quarter ltr of wine. A tasty meal and good value.

4th July


We arrived in Biscarrosse, Camping Navarrosse. It took 40 minutes to book in. We were allocated a pitch but told if we didn’t like the one allocated we could pick another and tell them the number. The one they chose was unshaded and sandy, we therefore picked another shaded pitch. The motorhome was nicely positioned and so I went to tell them the number. The manager kicked off…we should have taken the one allocated. I told her we needed shade to kept the insulin cool. I also complained about the bureaucracy and time spent booking in. She suggested I wasn’t understanding and that the pitch I’d chosen was unsuitable for motorhomes. I told her to look at the pitch I was on, it was perfect, the site was empty and we were only staying one night so what was the problem. She wouldn’t have it we would have to move to one for motorhomes. I tried to explain about the insulin and that I would be filling out an ACSI report. She just said that she couldn’t understand me and turned her back. We moved to another pitch but we are not staying here more than one night and wont be back again! What a pity as I was looking forward to another couple of days on the beach. Still we went on a bike ride around the lake and Pickles had a good swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment