Tuesday 3 April 2018

Monday 3 rd April 2018 Alcossebre


Mon. 3rd April.

We leave Torre De La Mora and head to Alcossebre where there is a new Camper Park in the town. We really like Alcossebre and have visited it several times. Both the main campsites here are positioned a couple of miles outside of the town and as our main aim is to drink some San Miguel Pemium Selecta on draught and watch the Liverpool v Man City Champions league match in a town centre bar we envisage some difficulty returning to either site. So Camper Park Las Morelas positioned 300 metres from the bar screening the match ticks all of the boxes. When we arrive we get the very last pitch available. I am discussing something to the reception guy when a dutch woman arrives, with my limited Spanish we are struggling to understand each other, but we’ll get there. However the dutch woman takes over translating everything for me. I thank her for that but she looks down her nose at me in disgust and just says “A few words of Spanish”? For some reason I apologise and state that I do struggle a little with the Spanish language. However what I really want to say is that I never found the time to study languages in any great depth as I was too busy studying Conceptual Pragmatism and its role in saving humanity. Anyway she’s probably a worker from a cheese factory or a tulip picker from Amsterdam …she’d never get irony.
Camper Park Las Moreras, Alcossebre. Right in the town 300 metres from Consum supermarket and bar showing English footy. Electricity, showers, toilets etc 12 euros a night. Very safe but popular we must have got the last spot. Has an overspill field but no electricity in there.

San Miguel Selecta on draught. Lovely beer but not widely available in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment