Wednesday 26 June 2019

Concarneau

There are lots of things I don't trust...Virgin Media, Barclays and a Tory Government. But the thing I don't trust the most is my SAT NAV. So when we reached  Concarneau and we were looking for Camping Les Sables Blanc and it was trying to send me down little housing estates I was ignoring it. But eventually I submitted to its requests and it took me straight there. On arrival we weren't too sure. Camping Les Sables Blanc didn't exactly have the views it advertised and looked a bit unlevel. We decided to stay for one night and i'm glad we did as it got really hot, too hot to search for another campsite. It also had a nice pool, with a view to cool off in and decent facilities and pitches. It was also a short 150 metre walk to a glorious beach and 20 minute walk into town. We managed both walks.
From a distance, driving into Concarneau it just looked like a busy large harbour town , but when we inspected it last night we decided to walk into the battlement/walled area and how beautiful it was. A magical condensed area full of tasteful shops, bars and restaurants. After visiting the town we decided to walk back to the site the long way along the coastal road. It was about 8:30pm , 30c and the beaches were still busy with people sunbathing and swimming. I had shifted my position from being uncertain about Concarneau to being in a position where I would definitely recommend it.
The closest beach to the site but like most beaches in this area No Dogs Allowed.

From the main beach we followed a pleasant pathway to a tiny beach , here Jonesy could cool off.


Even from this position the walled town didn't look like it was going to be that big.

The town entrance.




Inside the walled town.



The full length of the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment