Wednesday 6 April 2022

Leaving alcossrbre

We are leaving alcossrbre today and taking the 20 minute drive to La Torre de La Salle next to Oropesa. We never really get tired of alcossrbre and love the camper stop here. There is only one other English couple on here and I went and chatted with them last night. Like the English guy at Pineda who had 3 leisure batteries and 2 solar panels, Nick told me they do a lot of off grid or wild camping. For such people it's not so much a cost cutting procedure but more about finding interesting places possibly with great views where there may not be any camp sites or camper stops. Good on them but I cowardly like my sites with full facilities and security. I also like a good pool to swim in. In Nicks defence I did point out that it's not about money saving, but he did tell me one story that casts doubt on this. Unfortunately his mother died 6 years ago and they buried her alongside her husband. Naturally the gravestone needed to be amended to include her name etc. The quote for this was £800. I think he found a better one at £600. He still isn't happy with that and put off having it done. On this trip he got talking someone near the Portuguese border who did masonry work and they offered to do a lovely new headstone using more expensive materials and all the words for £200. He ordered this and will collect it, put it in his motorhome and take it home. A big heavy gravestone.... In a motorhome.... Going through customs....??????

1 comment:

  1. Just been looking at were u are now it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete